A professional longarm machine quilter for hire and some of the work I've done.
It was a “hard working but nothing goes right” kind of day. I finished the quilt on the machine and rushed to get it ready for UPS. Forgot to take pictures of it finished.
Finished up the denim quilt. Really cute but very small. I think I’m gonna have to make another one of these in the future.
I put the victorian couple quilt back on the machine for more quilting. I felt it just needed more. This went ok but when I hung it back on the wall, the corners curled up. I don’t know why that happens. I need to figure out why it happens so I can prevent it in the future. I can’t be making quilts for galleries or shows with curled up edges.
I sewed the spider web blocks sections together…. oops! When I started to press them open I realized the centers don’t match up. I’ll have to take them all apart and resew.
Worst of all…. I ran out of coffee! I could have sworn I had another jar. Coffee should have lasted until my next stock up the groceries shopping trip in March. Luckily I was able to borrow a bit from a neighbor. It’s been years and years since I borrowed anything from neighbors. I gave her the money to pick up another jar for me when she goes to the store. She shops almost everyday on her way home from work.
I finally gave up on getting anything accomplished and started cleaning the studio. Lots of dust accumulated on things and under things…. it’s gone now. I’m sure today will be a better day.