A couple more quilts done
This one belongs to my friend Marilyn (Metaphor in fabric). I knew as soon as I saw it what design would look nice on it. It’s very small so it didn’t take long. About 3 hours total.
Native American designs look really nice with straight line type designs behind them. Not perfectly balanced lines though. They look better if done freehand and a little off balance.
I did three different line designs on the three blocks.
I like this background design the best.
I also finished this quilt.
I had a hard time getting pictures of the stitching. It only showed up on the lighter color fabrics.
I did different designs in each of the colors of the fabrics.
See what I mean about the stitching not showing up in the pictures?
When those two were done I saw it was time for some machine maintenance and cleaning. Picked strings from the leaders.
Gave the machine wheels and tracks a good cleaning. Then cleaned and oiled the machine.
When I finised that I started sewing another backing to the leaders….. what the heck? I wasn’t getting any bobbin tension on my household machine. I thought maybe the thread wasn’t in the bobbin correctly. Nope, that wasn’t the problem…. the screw that holds the tension spring is gone. Yikes! It’s so tiny there’s no hope of finding it. What do I do now?
The Bernina dealer where I could get parts went out of business a few months ago. I get online to see if I can order parts from the Bernina home. Nope, evidently they don’t sell parts. They had a list of Bernina dealers and I found one here locally…. but it might as well be in another state. It’s on the other side of town and I don’t have the time for long bus rides. Quilts need to get finished. I called the store and yes they can do an over the phone sale but the technitian is out of town until later today. Whew! I’m relieved. I can wait for a little while. I do love my Bernina 1230. It’s a workhorse of a machine.
This morning I did some online research for instructions on diabetic diets. Online research takes a bunch of time before I know it. I have a ton of books with recipes for diabetics. What I want to know is how to figure out what portions are correct when I create my own recipes. I know there is a formula but I can’t for the life of me remember what it is. I remember it’s something about adding up the exchanges of all ingredients then dividing to get the portion size. I searched dozens of diabetic information sites…. but none have the formula. Bummer! Maybe I’ll come across it when I finally get a chance to sort and organize again.
Now it’s time for me to get to work.