I have another finished quilt. I love this one. This is one side. It has two battings. One is cotton and the other is poly fluff. When it’s washed the applique should puff up more.
This is the other side.
I did stitch in the ditch around all the applique pieces. I used mono thread to hide any imperfections of how close I got.
I did a simple meander in the background. It was the request of the piecer.
I also did a piano key stitching around the outside border and simple loops on the sashing. This was done to keep the stitching fairly consistent throughout. The owner wanted minimal stitching so the puffy batting would stay puffy.