Another one finished
I had a hard time getting good photos of the stitching on this one. The thread blends in really well. No stitching showed up at all in photos of the back.
It wasn’t quite as hot in the studio yesterday which meant I could work long enough to get this one finished and the next one put onto the machine.
I did an alternating feather and curls on the border. A simple loop design on the inside border.
I did a curl design on all the lime green inside sashing and floral designs on some of the piecing.
There’s stitch in the ditch all over. I did a leaf and curl design on the outside triangles.
The smaller piecing has line dancing on them with a futterby here and there on the larger of those.
It did take what seemed like an extra long time to quilt this one even though the designs were not difficult. What took the most time was the stitch in the ditch. There is a lot of bias with all the triangles. Add to that the on point setting, you get lots of extra fullness that needs working with very carefully so you don’t get puckers everywhere. That’s what took so long. Being careful not to get pleats and puckers.