A professional longarm machine quilter for hire and some of the work I've done.
I do have a finished quilt to show. It’s a small one I finished a couple of days ago. The owner picked it up already. I finished the last stitch of the binding a couple of minutes before she knocked on the door. I hadn’t shown it before because I had to delete out some photos from this blog before I’d have room for newer photos. I made a discovery as I was deleting some photos. See this?
It shows photos being stored but there isn’t any photo. Actually, it is a type of duplicate of actual photos stored. Don’t ask me to explain it better because I can’t. I don’t understand it myself. I spent a great deal of time deleting anything that showed as blank. That cleared up some photo storage space. At least enough I can add newer photos of finished quilts.
Well here is the next finished quilt. You will recognize it as the one I used to test photos.
I did a swag design on the border. I use a swag design when the border is too small for other designs. I custom fit the swag to the size of the border. I did a simple flower design on the corner blocks.
I did outline stitching around the hearts and line dancing on the nine patch blocks.
I did baby rattles on the solid blocks of the inside border. I’m out of practice doing freehand baby rattles so I did a few practices using my white board. Not too bad but could be better.
I did a bow design on the corner blocks that make up the center of the quilt.
I did more bows on the strip blocks.
The back of the quilt.
I did simple designs on this quilt in order to keep it “fluffy” as the customer wanted. The batting she brought was a puffy polyester of some type. It wasn’t in a package. The next quilt is on the machine ready for me to stabilize. It’s due to be finished, including binding, by September 10.